Thursday, June 28, 2007

No one is reading (well maybe except for ghosts)

Hahaha what's the point of writing when no one reads? My teacher once said "We writers have big egos, when we write, we'll usually show them off" Precisely. But it doesn't count if you have a compulsion to write about something at 3 am in the morning. For example : When it's cold at night, and the blanket is the only thing that keeps you warm, you would want to write about : The Blanket that Kept Me Warm (which I bought for $20 reduced from $50) that sort of thing.

Like anyone would be interested to hear about that kinda crap.. Anyway, I have officially moved in (as in unpacked almost everything) and still I'm feeling quite uncomfortable. I'm missing my old house at Munro St, no matter how filthy, or how disgusting, it WAS my first home overseas.

What I AM happy about, is I feel like I'm home (thanks to the 9 unread books that I bought which I'm going to devour as soon as I can) and I can gloat over all my worldly posessions. I used to gloat about my laptop, now I can gloat over my hardcover and paperback novels sitting prettily in them cabinets. And yes Tsue, Farah, and Teds, the book sale here is absolutely insane. Everything is under $10( that is under RM 30).

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Including the hardcovers, the bigger version paperbacks (ok that's it I'm going out today to find more books). Seems books are the only thing that can make me happy, seeing as this is the only thing that didn't change ever since I was still wearing pinafores and reading 10 Enid Blyton books per week because of jakun.

I LOVE BOOKS

There was once a girl
She loved books
"I love books!"
She had books for shoes
She had a book for a hat
She even read a book for her cat
"I love books!"

She had a bag shaped like a book
And when she went to bed
Guess what she dreams about?
Books of course!

Adapted from Sesame Street " The Girl Who Loved Books"
Sorry if it's not up to standard rhyme, I fleetingly remembered it seeing as I only have heard it once.

3 comments:

Ted Mahsun said...

Wow... books there are really expensive pre-sale over there.

Lanata said...

Teddy

I am not up to your genius literary level to understand your comment. Elaboration please?

Ted Mahsun said...

Wow! Sebelum sale, buku mahal betul ek.

But book sales here can get cheaper. Hoho.